Sandy beaches, tropical climate, majestic mountains and its fascinating culture are some of the reasons why people choose Thailand as a holiday destination. In fact, the climate is so unlike the UK that many residents just prefer staying back in Thailand.
Whether you just want to holiday or are looking to migrate to Thailand, here’s some useful information that will help you get in easily.
Validity of Your Passport
The very first thing that you need to ensure is the validity of your passport. It needs to be valid for a minimum of six months from your date of entry into Thailand. You also need to make sure that your passport is in a good condition. You’ll not be able to enter Thailand with a damaged passport or a passport with missing pages.
Thailand Tourist Visa up to 30 Days
If you’re planning to stay for less than 30 days in Thailand, then you don’t need a visa. However, if your journey to Thailand involves connecting flights from other countries, then you may need a separate transit visa. You’ll need to check the visa requirement of those countries.
On the other hand, if you plan to stay for more than 30 days, then you’ll need to apply for a visa before you travel.
Thailand Tourist Visa Over 30 Days (Single Entry)
This visa is for you if you’re planning a trip longer than 30 days in Thailand. You can apply for this visa online. You’ll need to fill the Thai visa application form and must hold a passport that is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of travel to Thailand. Additionally, you’ll also need two passport-type photographs. They need to be identical and 45 mm high and 35 mm wide.
A single entry visa is valid up to three months and you have the option of extending your stay when in Thailand. An additional 30 days visa can be granted provided your total length of stay does not exceed 90 days. However, you need to apply for additional days before your current visa expires.
Thailand Tourist Visa for Multiple Entries
This multiple entry visa is valid for up to 180 days. In addition to the documents required for the above visa, you’ll also need to submit the following documents:
- You’ll need to give a copy of either your itinerary or roundtrip tickets.
- A copy of your confirmed hotel reservations that clearly mentions your name, name and address of the hotel as well as the duration of your stay.
- If you’re employed, an original employment letter from your employer will be required. It should state that a leave of absence has been granted. Your purpose and duration of the trip also needs to be mentioned. An important point that needs to be mentioned is that you’ll be returning to your current job. The letter needs to be addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy.
- If you’re self-employed, a letter from your accountant needs to be included. You’ll also need a self-assessment and a company registration document.
- If you’re a student, you’ll need a letter from your University or school.
- You’ll also need to supply an original bank statement that shows a balance of a minimum of £5,000 for six months. A print-out of your bank statement with the official stamp of your bank will also do.
One Year Non-Immigrant Visa
This visa is issued solely at the discretion of the Thai Embassy or a Consulate official. Increased security measures have resulted in stricter rules for processing this one year non-immigrant visa. As a result, this visa may be a little difficult to come by. An alternative 90-day non-immigrant visa can be issued in lieu of the one year visa.
This visa is usually issued to people who would like to enter Thailand and perform religious activities or official duties. It’s also for those who want to conduct a business or investment, visit family, study or work.
There are plenty of benefits of this visa as follows:
- Allows multiple-entry to Thailand
- Lets you apply for a work permit
- Lets you open a savings bank account
- Permits you to apply for an extension of one year of stay in Thailand
Depending on your situation, you may even qualify for a marriage visa, retirement visa or a business visa. Each of these visas has their own eligibility requirements that need to be met.
If you’re drawn to the tropical weather and great beaches, coming to Thailand will be an excellent choice.