As a UK citizen, if you’d like to conduct business in Thailand, then the three-year non-immigrant, category B visa is probably for you. Quite evidently, this is a multiple entry visa and there are no restrictions as long as the visa is valid. You can leave and re-enter the country as many times as you like.

However, you need to keep two important things in mind as follows:

  • You can’t be employed in any company if you hold this visa. If you want to work for another company, then you’ll need to look at another visa.
  • Your each visit to Thailand can’t be longer than 90 days. Since this is a multiple-entry visa, you can leave and re-enter Thailand as much as possible within the validity of your visa.

Where to Apply for Three-Year Non-Immigrant Category B Visa?

If you’re a permanent resident or a citizen in Ireland or the United Kingdom, then you can apply for this business visa at Royal Thai Embassy, which is located in London. You need to visit the Embassy in person.

Another thing that you need to note is that there are several Royal Thai Consulates headed by Honorary Consul across Ireland and the UK. But they don’t have the authority to issue this visa.

Documents Needed to Apply for Three-Year Non-Immigrant Category B Visa

The very first thing that you need to do is download the visa application form, fill it and sign it. You’ll also need the following additional documents along with the visa form:

  • You’ll need a passport that is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of travel. Ensure that it contains at least one empty page for immigration, visa stamp etc.
  • Two photographs, 2” x 2” that are recent. They should not be older than six months.
  • A valid proof of identity. For instance, National Identity Card, Residence documentation or any other proof that you may have.
  • If you were previously employed, then you’ll need a letter from your employer with the following details:
    • Designation
    • Length of employment
    • Salary
    • Purpose of visit to Thailand
  • If you’re self-employed, you’ll need to provide proof of your business. This includes documents of business registration and details of business operation as follows:
    • Copy of your correspondence with business partners in Thailand
    • A list of the shareholders
    • An invitation letter from associated partners/companies or trading proof
    • You’ll also need to provide corporate documents of your associate partners/companies in Thailand as mentioned below:
      • Business licence and registration
      • List of shareholders
      • Profile of the company
      • The details of their business operation
      • A map indicating the location of the company
      • A balance sheet, statement of tax as well as business tax
      • Value-added tax registration
    • You’ll also need either a letter of recommendation of your previous employer or any business associations that you may be a member of.

The visa fees for this type of visa may change at any time, hence, it’s recommended to contact the Royal Thai Embassy in London to find out the current fees.

Leave a Comment